Two Year Fixed Term Part-time (0.8FTE) with flexible work arrangements
About our Organisation
The Lutheran Church is the largest Protestant church in the world, with over 70 million members.
St Paul’s Lutheran Church located in Box Hill, was founded in 1948 with 38 members. With 9 staff including two pastors, ministry workers, administration, dedicated volunteers, and 400 active congregation members and growing ministry partnerships.
About the Position
Overseeing a small administration team, this integral role is the hub for all things operational at St Pauls including; administration management, support and advice to the Church Council, Ministry team, Pastors and Community programs
With a handle on compliance, recruitment, people management, admin processes, and meaningful reporting, you will lead and support the growth and continuous quality improvement of administration systems, processes and above all the mission of St Pauls Lutheran Church.
To be the successful candidate to undertake this fantastic opportunity, it is important that you possess the following attributes, experience, qualities and characteristics:
- Knowledge of general office administration processes, and legislative, compliance, and statutory requirements for Christian and not for profit sectors
- Proficient with managing and leading staff to meet deadlines and complete work to a high standard
- Advanced computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft Office, internet, and social media platforms
- Convey information to people clearly and simply, and can read an audience
- Dependable, reliable, and honest, and can be entrusted with private and confidential Information
- The ability to positively motivate an individual or group of people
- Understanding and willingness to support Christian faith, values, and mission of the Lutheran denomination
- Have some experience setting up an office
For a position description please contact Michael on firstname.lastname@example.org or go to the LCA web address: www.lca.org.au/employment
Interested!? Forward your application by clicking the ‘Apply’ link below or send to Michael at email@example.com and make sure to include a current resume and cover letter explaining why you would be suitable for the role, and how you can contribute to the mission and growth of St Paul’s Lutheran Church.
Applications close: COB Tuesday 12 February 2019
The successful candidate must have a valid Police Check, Working With Children Check, and will be required to undertake Child Safe and Ethical Standards Training to Coordinator level